Recipe for Success

Thursday, January 06, 2005

Crunchy ginger and cinnamon cookies

My favourite biscuits. I have been known to make double quantities because I can't stop myself eating them as soon as they are cool enough to eat! I love them made with heaps of the spices, but use as much or as little as you like.

Ingredients

3 oz porridge oats
2 oz plain flour
2 oz margarine
2 oz sugar
1 level tbsp golden syrup
½ level teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
ground ginger and cinnamon to taste

Method


  1. Preheat the oven to 180° C
  2. Melt the margarine with the sugar and syrup in a large pan.
  3. Mix the dry ingredients together. Add to the pan and mix well.
  4. Make walnut-sized balls of the mixture and place them, well apart, on well-greased baking sheets.
  5. Bake at 180° C for 10-15 mins.
  6. Leet the cookies cool slightly on the baking sheet before removing them to a wire rack.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home